Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Phone.... Support. Yeah, That's the Ticket!

I often see ads on blogs that intrigue me. Don't know why. I guess it's because the bloggers I read tend to write about unusual things and so they get ads for unusual things. I really hate having ads forced on me on TV, radio, web sites, etc., but the passive advertising on most blog sites where I can choose to go look or not actually attracts me from time to time. Given that they only have a few words to catch my eye, they have to be pretty clever to say enough to make me actually want to go see what they're talking about.

Anyway, I saw an ad recently for an online support company. So I wonder, "Is this like AA-style support? Suicide hotline? Some sort of foundation undergarment company (which I believe is a niche market that Amazon.com has overlooked... Just look at the name of the company)?"

Turns out it's software support. Since that didn't interest me very much, I didn't get into the details, but I did notice that they implied that if you called them, this is who you'd be talking with:


What's wrong with this picture? Who do you think they're trying to appeal to with this ad? What kinds of calls are they expecting to get? You and I both know that if we call them, we're not going to be talking to a 20-something, smiling, blonde woman. We're going to be talking to a 40-year old guy in Bangalore.

Still, you never know. Let's see, that number was 1-900....

5 comments:

lacochran said...

I knew Uma Thurman hadn't gotten a lot of movie gigs lately but I had no idea she was this hard up. What a brave smile.

Gilahi said...

After seeing the success of "Sex and The City", Quentin Tarantino has decided to follow up the "Kill Bill" series with a less-bloody series called "Phone Joan".

AbbotOfUnreason said...

I'm sorry, but what is WRONG with her hand? Ack

Gilahi said...

Yeah, Abbot, I noticed that too. Maybe that's why she's gotta wear the headset.

Anonymous said...

The following is not at all related to this post, but I thought you'd like it.

From "Overheard in the Office":

Employee #1: Jane says that she feels nauseous. I think she's going home.

Employee #2: Well Jane should take a course in English vocabulary, because if she feels nausea, then she feels 'nauseated,' not nauseous. To be nauseous is to be disgusting or foul.

Employee #1: You're kinda a bitch.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites